This site uses cookies to enhance your customer experience. Click here to find out more or click here to acknowledge this notice.

Council Services

View search and A to Z

Council & Democracy

Council Tax

Council Tax is the way you help pay for local services the Council provides. Each Council sets the level of Council Tax in its own area, but the amount you pay depends on the value of your property.

Below are links to summarised information on the council's spending plans and council tax . They also include information on the spending plans of Staffordshire County Council, Staffordshire Police Authority and Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Authority.

To see information relating to:

Council Tax assumes there are 2 or more adults, aged over 18 occupying the property. However, there are discounts, exemptions, reliefs and benefits available to reduce the amount you pay.

Use this section to find your Council Tax band, charges, any discounts you are entitled and how to pay.

New Occupier

If you are moving into a new property then you will need to let us know.  Just fill in the form below and return it to us at

New Occupier form (PDF 234Kb)

Outgoing Occupier

If you are moving out of a property then you will need to let us know. Just fill in the form below and return it to us at

Outgoing Occupier form (PDF 228Kb)

Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support is help towards your Council Tax. Anyone who has to pay Council Tax who is on a low income can claim, regardless of whether they are retired, unemployed, or in full or part-time work. However there is a capital limit of £6,000.

If you think you may be entitled to Council Tax Benefit you may want to take a look at our benefits section.

Bookmark this page using

  • Page Owner: Council Tax - 01782 715500
  • Last Updated: 06 August 2015
  • Internet Crystal Mark 044
  • Investers In People Silver