It is up to the applicant to ensure their application is submitted correctly. You can submit an application to the Council by:
- On-line - through the Council’s website or directly through the Planning Portal (opens in a new window).
You will find lots of simple guidance notes that will help you in filling in the appropriate forms and you will be able to attach as many documents and drawings as you need as single copies. You can choose to pay with a credit card on line or send your payment by cheque directly to Regeneration and Planning Services.
Newcastle Borough Council Planning Department will only accept applications via the Planning Portal if drawings submitted with the application are to scale, with clear information showing dimensions either on the drawing or in the form of a scaled ruler together with an indication of the original plan size, for example A1.
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only download or print material for consultation purposes. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner, (the applicant/ agent/ architect).
When applications are submitted details of the submission will be available online.
- Post or by hand.
Paper copies with plans and documentation directly to Regeneration and Planning
Your application should normally include:-
- Four copies of a completed application form
- A completed certificate of ownership and agricultural holding certificate
- Four copies of a location plan, site plans and elevations (maps are available via the planning department, use this link to view a full price list (PDF 41Kb))
- The correct fee.
If you require further assistance in completing the application forms you can contact Regeneration and Planning Services:
- By calling in person to The Guildhall, High Street, Newcastle.
- By direct telephone on 01782 742408
- By email to: email@example.com
- By logging into the Council’s website and selecting the section for Planning
In some cases you may be asked to submit further details or to clarify your proposals.
The Architects Registration Board Register can be found at the following link http://architects-register.org.uk/