£150 Council Tax rebate
Eligible Council Tax payers who have not previously applied have now been credited £150 to their Council Tax account.
Applications for discretionary payments are still open.
Discretionary payments of £150 will be made in the following circumstances:
- Households who are not eligible for the Council Tax Rebate as they occupy properties in council tax bands E to H, and are on income related benefits such as Council Tax Support and the following on or after 1 April 2022:
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Households where the energy bill payers are not liable for council tax.
- Households in bands E to H who receive a single occupancy discount.
Please note: no payment will be made in respect of empty or second homes.
This scheme will close on 30 November 2022.