The second round of discretionary grant funding has now closed.
Who Is Eligible For The Second Round Relief?
The second round of the Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund payments will be available to businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Small and micro businesses that pay Business Rates;
- Occupy properties with a rateable value between £15,001 and £29,999; and
- Can demonstrate a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis;
This grant funding is for businesses that are not eligible for other support schemes. Businesses that have received cash grants from any central government COVID-related scheme are ineligible for funding from the Discretionary Grants Fund, apart from the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme.
Such grant schemes include but are not limited to:
- Small Business Grant Fund;
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant;
- The Fisheries Response Fund;
- Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme (DSSS);
- The Zoos Support Fund;
- The Dairy Hardship Fund.
The rateable value of your property is included on your Business Rates bill. You can also find this on the valuation office website.
Businesses that have applied for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme are eligible to apply for this scheme.
Only businesses which were trading on 11 March 2020 are eligible for this scheme. Companies that are in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
You are not eligible to apply for this grant if:
- you/ your business is based at home;
- you operate a mobile business;
- your business is based mainly on online trade/sales.
How Much Relief Will Be Available?
The aim of the Council is to help as many eligible businesses as possible within the funds available for this scheme. Therefore funding will be capped at a maximum of £10,000 per eligible business. In most cases the amount of grant payable will be no more than £5,000. The value of the payment to be made to a business is at the Council’s discretion.
The payment will be per business and we will not make a separate payment for each hereditament.
To apply for this discretionary fund you must first meet the criteria set out in Section 2 of the Discretionary Grant Fund Policy. If you do not fit these criteria then your application will be rejected.
The application process will close on Monday, June 29 at 9am.
Before completing your application please ensure that you have the following evidence to hand:
- Full business bank statements covering the period from January 2020 to April 2020 clearly showing your name or the name of your business, the account number and sort code
- A set of your most recent accounts
- A statement demonstrating the extent of COVID related income losses
Last updated 18 June 2020