Welcome to the Local Land Charges section of the website
*Please note - VAT @ 20% has been added to the Con29 parts of search enquiries
The local land charges service carries out all official searches covered by the Local Land Charges Act 1975 and, as custodians of official local information, we can guarantee comprehensive replies to the official LLC1 and Con29 enquiries.
When you buy a property or a plot of land in Newcastle-under-Lyme your solicitor can apply to us to make a search. Alternatively, they can use a personal search company to do this.
The Local Land Charges Register is updated and maintained regularly. Every search will disclose information we hold on a particular property or plot of land.
To make sure that searches can be dealt with promptly, please include:-
- Fully completed forms (template available in the link below)
- An accurate full postal address of the property to be searched, including the postcode
- Up to date legally sourced location plan (search area edged in RED) showing surrounding roads and properties.
- e-mail address – we have 100 per cent electronic return and are aiming for 100 per cent electronic receipt.
- Payment for the correct fee, made via either monthly account / debit / credit card, or by BACS payments - for efficiency, please contact us for details and confirmation of fee prior to electronic payment submission via Bacs
- For non regular users of our service we request that you e-mail the office at email@example.com prior submission, in order to confirm details and payment methods to avoid rejected requests and incur delays
- Please note that it is no longer cost effective for the Council to return your rejected documents and cheque.
For efficiency, searches are preferably submitted via email (template available on our website) and payment may be made via BACS, debit /credit card, monthly account (if regular user) or submitted via a third part hub.(please note we are unable to make recommendations)
Please note - notification of any search cancellation must be received by the land charges section before 12noon on the day of receipt or you will be charged accordingly.
Full residential search - (LLC1 + Con 29R)
LLC1 - £29 + Con 29R - £104.40 (£17.40 VAT has been included)
Commercial full standard search-(LLC1 + Con 29R)
LLC1 £76 + Con 29R - £273.60 (£45.00 VAT has been included)
Con 29O (optional form) each enquiry
(For Q’s 7, 8, 21 & 22 - if purchased separately, send direct to Staffordshire CC (The Highway Authority) who will administer their own fee) (£5.00 VAT has been included)
Additional parcel of land - residential (£11.60 VAT has been included)
Additional parcel of land - commercial (£30.40 VAT has been included)
Domestic dwellings including houses, bungalows and self contained flats either in residential or holiday use where the vendor is a private individual. Also includes individual building plots for residential properties where the site is either currently vacant or under construction.
Commercial: All other types of search.
Land Charges Section
Tel: 01782 742232
E-mail: Land Charges
Building Control - e-mail: Building Control
Planning - e-mail: Planning Applications
You can also submit applications via the National Land Information Service Hub – NLIS
Contact Severn Trent Water - 03457 500 500
Contact United Utilities - 0845 746 2200
Coal Mining Search - Please contact the Coal Authority - 0845 762 6848
Land Registry - 0151 473 1110
No appointments are necessary – access to information is made available from 9am – 5pm at:-
E-mail - Customer Services
For highway information please contact Staffordshire County Council
Tel: 0300 111 8000
E-mail - Land Charges
Last updated 5 June 2018