In line with Government guidance Newcastle Housing Advice will be open as a telephone advice service.
Guidance for landlords, tenants and local authorities in the private and social rented sectors in the context of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Newcastle Housing Advice Options
Newcastle Housing Advice (NHA) Options is a partnership between Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council and Midland Heart that gives you more choice about where you want to live and gives you a better idea of what homes are available in the area.
Anyone looking for a home in Newcastle-under-Lyme can use NHA Options. Existing social housing tenants are encouraged to speak to their landlord first if they wish to transfer to another home.
Up to 75 per cent of properties owned and managed by Aspire Housing are advertised in this scheme. There will also be a small number of properties advertised that belong to other registered providers with properties in the borough, and these will be identified for you.
We produce a weekly property sheet that advertises the available homes; you can look at the adverts and decide whether you want to be considered for any of the properties. If you are interested in any of the properties, you express your interest by making a ‘bid’. You are not limited to the number of bids you can make, however, you must not bid on a property unless you are prepared to move into it.
Visit the NHA Options website where you can:
- learn more about NHA Options,
- learn how to register for social housing in the borough,
- learn how to bid for available properties,
- find information and contact details for our registered housing providers,
- access specialist support for landlords and tenants renting in the private sector - Newcastle Housing Advice
If you need further assistance or have any questions regarding housing advice or options available to you , you can contact NHA options in the following ways:
- By telephone 0345 850 9698,
- By e-mail,
- In person at 61-63 Lower Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 2RS
Last updated 31 March 2020