Home > All Services > Recycling and Waste > Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste Banner


This includes paints, pesticides, household cleaners, battery acids, weed killers, rat poison, paint stripper, asbestos, etc.

Please read the manufacturers' disposal instructions carefully or you can contact Staffordshire County Council (01785 277452) to gain advice on the best way to dispose of the product.

Alternatively take them to Leycett Civic Amenity Site.  Contact Staffordshire County Council on 01785 277452. If you are unsure about where to put it please ask one of the site staff.

Leycett Civic Amenity Site can only accept old paint. Biddulph Civic Amenity Site and Stone Civic Amenity Site are able to accept household and garden chemicals.

Alternatively contact the Environment Agency 01743 272828

Useful external website links:


Last updated 7 February 2017

Back to the top of the page