Due to COVID-19 the Guildhall is not currently open to the public.
FOTG has now obtained Charitable Incorporated Status (from Sept 2019).
Friends of the Guildhall volunteers staff the reception area each weekday between 10am and 4pm.
Reception offers the following services:
- Signposting the general public to local voluntary, statutory and other services by providing information and assistance with internet access where required.
- Hosting promotional initiatives by the Council and visiting voluntary organisations e.g. Dementia Awareness Day and the Lions charity.
- Providing information about societies and events - there is an events notice-board and the windows are also used to display flyers.
- Providing Council food waste bags, bus timetables and Lions medical information cannisters.
- Acting as a collection point for:
Alice Charity (non-perishable food and sanitary products)
Crisp packets (for the Terracycle recycling scheme)
Cat food (for Hedgehog appeal)
Books for 'Find a book scheme'
- Membership forms, information about the Friends and volunteering and hiring the premises are also available.
Friends forms can also be obtained by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone interested in staffing reception should contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator (07828 775804 or via her email address: email@example.com).
Other volunteer duties are now required as well so contact Hilary Jones (07983 983840 or via the Guildhall email address above.)
Pictures of the Guildhall in previous eras are on display along with some other historic information about the role of the Guildhall in history and mayor making.
Last updated 1 July 2020