Help and support during the Ukraine crisis
We are working with the government and our partners to help the Ukrainian people in any way we can.
Please use this dedicated email address for all enquiries about the schemes in place to support Ukrainian refugees here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See what we are doing to help those fleeing the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
We are providing 'We Stand With Ukraine' with a shop unit in Newcastle town centre, free of charge, to use as a collection point for community donations to the war-torn country.
Organisers Maria Leligdowicz and Olena Cresswell, who come from Ukraine, have family members caught up in the conflict.
They are accepting donations at 17 Merrial Street, next to the old police station, on weekdays between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and then 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., and 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on weekends.
Priority items at the moment include:
- first aid kits
Other items currently being accepted include:
- sleeping bags
- thermal/warm clothing for adults and children
- pasta, biscuits and non-perishable canned foods
- baby formula
- nappies and wipes
An appeal is raising money to pay for the transport of supplies from Newcastle-under-Lyme to Lviv. Donations can be made online.
- If you have friends and family in Ukraine and need information or support about what is happening, please contact the Ukrainian Embassy (phone: 020 7727 6312).
- For travel advice to and from Ukraine see the foreign travel advice on the Gov.UK website.
- For guidance on temporary concessions for Ukrainian nationals applying to join a family route, see the at Gov.UK website.
- If you have a child in a Newcastle-under-Lyme school who is affected by the crisis, please talk to your child’s teachers about any concerns you have and support you would like the school to provide.
- To make a donation towards the United Nation's humanitarian work, please go to the Ukraine Humanitarian Fund UN crisis relief webpage.
- You can also make a donation via the Red Cross Ukraine crisis appeal.
We will keep this page updated as the situation evolves.