Job opportunity: Customer Hub Officer
This job position is within the neighbourhood delivery service.
Grade 6 - £22,571 to £24,920 per annum.
37 hours per week.
This is an office based role and homeworking will only be considered after a successful six month probation.
About the job
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Customer Hub Officer to help deliver an efficient and agile service with the councils newly focused One Front Door within a customer service environment.
As a key member of the busy Customer Hub team, you will have the ability to deal with a wide and diverse range of enquiries to a high standard of customer service covering all areas of the Council’s business.
The Customer Hub team, including the corporate contact centres, are the primary contact for resolving inbound enquiries for a wide range of services ranging from council tax & housing benefits to environmental services such as household waste to parking permits. Whether it’s a query about pest control or bin collection, you will need to provide positive assistance in a clear, articulate, empathetic manner.
The role of Customer Hub Officer includes:
- Delivering an excellent customer experience by providing advice and, wherever possible, resolution at the first point of contact. This includes all customer access channels including telephone, face to face, letter, email, web and SMS.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all services and systems used in the Customer Service receptions to assist customers and resolve their enquiries.
- To professionally deal with any frustrated, angry and abusive customers, providing a resolution to their enquiry and avoiding potential complaints.
- To maintain accurate records and information relating to the provision of customer services.
- To actively encourage customers to use the most efficient method to gain access to and information about council services.
- Processing documents is a large part of the role and you will be part of a busy team undertaking the assessment of applications for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction as well as work relating to Council Tax billing.
- Your responsibilities will include providing advice, effective decision making and responding to customer’s enquiries in a professional manner. You will have the opportunity to bring your skills and experience to help the Council deal with all aspects of the Revenues and Benefits Service, from maintaining accurate records, handling sensitive data and working with your colleagues and the Revenues and Benefits Management team to help deliver a high standard of service to the residents of Newcastle-under-Lyme.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate communication skills with a flexible and co-operative approach towards changing business needs with a digital focus as traditional methods of customer services evolve.
- You will have experience of working in a customer service environment, excellent communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a flexible and co-operative approach towards changing business needs.
- Previous experience working in a Revenues and Benefits Service would be an advantage however we will consider candidates that can show they have experience in a similar environment and who can bring relevant skills that would show they can develop into the role by undertaking the necessary training.
Why work for us?
Our vision is to provide good local services, a prosperous borough, and safe and welcoming places for all.
- We are committed to being a fair and inclusive place to work where everyone can achieve their potential.
- We are focussed on the wellbeing of our people.
- Together we can help to make a difference to our community - we offer 'jobs with purpose'.
We offer a competitive range of benefits including; access to the local government pension scheme, minimum 23 days annual leave and 5 days extra after 5 years' service, flexible working and family friendly policies, local and national high street discounts, green travel scheme including a cycle to work scheme, 24 hour employee assistance and counselling services, flu vaccination service plus development and training opportunities.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Rosie Bloor, Customer Hub Manager on (01782) 717717.
5pm on Wednesday 7 September 2022.
(Should we receive a large number of applications, then this post could close sooner than the date stated).
Supporting documents and information
Download the job description and person specification.
Please note: you should save your online application regularly to avoid losing the content you have entered.
Newcastle Borough Council is committed to making our recruitment process as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the interview or assessment process please contact (email@example.com)
Please save your online application regularly to avoid losing the content you have entered.