Kidsgrove Town Deal projects
Objective 1: to drive growth and opportunity through enhanced enterprise infrastructure in Kidsgrove
Chatterley Valley West
Chatterley Valley West is the only area in Kidsgrove (and in Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough) available for building a new business park. Once developed, the 38-hectare site could drive investment into Kidsgrove and generate 1,940 jobs and £72 million GVA per annum.
Because of the area’s coal mining heritage, the ground conditions are poor. This means that there are high upfront costs to develop the site. Town Deal funding will help to provide site access and associated water main diversions to ease future development.
The other project in this objective was light industrial units at West Avenue. The land upon which these units were to be built has since been granted planning permission for housing. This project is not going ahead.
- Councillor Philip White (Chair) - Staffordshire County Council (Board member)
- Paul Hodgkinson (Vice Chair) - Keele University (Board member)
- Ian Donaldson - Atlanta group (Board member)
- Jonathan Gullis - MP (Board member)
- Councillor Paul Waring - Kidsgrove Town Centre CIC (Board member)
- Terry Dray - Keele University
- Councillor Paul Northcott - Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
- Chris Bamsey - Staffordshire County Council (officer support)
- Jon Vining - Staffordshire County Council (officer support)
- Simon McEneny - Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council (officer support)
- Trudi Barnard - Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council (officer support)