Kidsgrove Town Deal projects
Objective 2: to create a connected, accessible town centre
There are three projects under this objective. Together they will help to link key places and promote active travel. They will also increase footfall and unlock growth and future development. They projects will ensure that the heritage and uniqueness of Kidsgrove is retained.
This project includes an improved, modern station building, a new transport interchange, and a 200-space car park. There will also be better access to the nearby Trent and Mersey Canal.
Investment along the Trent and Mersey Canal at Kidsgrove
A safe, attractive canal corridor and an alternative off-road routeway. This will benefit both visitors and the residents of Kidsgrove. It will include a continuous sealed pathway, lighting and attractive public realm.
A town centre shared service hub
Providing a modern facility that brings together key public sector assets. This will include:
- a health hub
- the library
- Job Centre
The hub will provide a one-stop-shop for residents to access these services. It will link to a satellite youth centre providing activities and services for young people such as careers advice and guidance.
The land take for the hub will also be used to define a clear route to link Kidsgrove Station through to the town centre.
- Dan Gray (Chair) - Aspire Group (Board member)
- Councillor Mike Stubbs (Vice-chair) - Kidsgrove Town Council (Board member)
- Councillor Paul Waring (Vice-chair) - Kidsgrove Town Centre CIC (Board member)
- Councillor Gill Burnett - Sports Centre CIO (Board member)
- Jonathan Gullis - MP (Board member)
- Nicola Lewis-Smith - Canal and River Trust (Board member)
- Andrew Thomson - Neighbourhood Plan (Board member)
- Simon Martin - Canal and River Trust (Board member alternate)
- Gail Edwards - Staffordshire County Council (officer support)
- Clare Horton - Staffordshire County Council (officer support)
- Simon McEneny - Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council (officer support)
- Trudi Barnard - Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council (officer support)