Local planning enforcement plan

Appendix 3: contacting us

Help us to help you

We are constantly looking at ways to improve our services and welcome comments on this enforcement [olicy and any other matter relating to our service. Contact details are given below.

Web site

You can get advice on how to make an enquiry about unauthorised development or what to do if you carry out works or a change of use without planning permission on the planning page on our web site.


To ensure your complaint is immediately logged into our enforcement system please use our online form.


Alternatively you may submit your complaint by email. As this service requires additional data handling to enter the complaint into the system, please allow an additional two working days for the case to be registered.

Email: planningenforcement@newcastle-staffs.gov.uk

By post

You can write to us:

Development Management Service
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
Castle House
Barracks Road


Please note: we cannot register complaints made verbally as we require written evidence of a complaint to present to the courts if we proceed to prosecution in in any matter.

You can however, speak to us about the possibility of submitting a complaint or to enquire about an ongoing matter by phone.

Phone: 01782 717717