Pay policy statement
Senior management remuneration
For the purposes of this statement, senior management means 'chief officers' and also 'deputy chief officers' as defined within section 43 of the Localism Act. The Localism Act definition is based on the definition in the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 in which a chief officer is defined as a statutory chief officer (ie, Head of the Paid Service, Section 151 Officer, Monitoring Officer) and any post reporting directly to the Head of the Paid Service (other than secretarial/support posts). Deputy Chief Officers are any posts (other than secretarial/support posts) reporting directly to any chief officer post.
The posts falling within the statutory definition are set out below, with details of their basic salary as at 1 April 2016.
National Joint Council (JNC) Chief Officers
Chief Executive (Head of the Paid Service) (statutory)
The current salary of the post is £ 100,733. This is a spot salary. There is no incremental point range.
Executive Directors - 3 posts as follows:
- Executive Director – Resources and Support Services (Section 151 Officer) (statutory)
- Executive Director – Operational Services (non-statutory)
- Executive Director – Regeneration and Development (non-statutory)
Other Chief Officers
- Head of Audit and Elections Band 2 (Monitoring Officer) (statutory)
- Head of Communications Band 2 (non-statutory)
- Head of Governance and Partnerships Band 1 (non-statutory) (post currently vacant)
The salaries of posts designated as Executive Directors fall within a range of 4 incremental points between £81,117 rising to a maximum of £86,530.
Deputy Chief Officers
Heads of Service Band 1 - 7 posts
- Head of Customer and ICT Services
- Head of Leisure and Cultural Services
- Head of Operations
- Head of Planning and Development
- Head of Recycling, Waste and Fleet Services
- Head of Housing, Regeneration and Assets Services
- Head of Environmental Health Services
The salaries of Band 1 posts fall within a range of 5 incremental points between £51,051 rising to a maximum of £56,736.
Heads of Service Band 2 - 3 posts
- Head of Finance
- Head of Human Resources
- Head of Revenues and Benefits (post currently vacant)
The salaries of Band 2 posts fall within a range of 5 incremental points between £46,948 rising to a maximum of £51,023.
Grade 12 - 2 posts, salary within a range of 4 incremental posts between £36,937 rising to a maximum of £39,660
- Partnerships Manager
- Principal Solicitor
Grade 11 - 1 post, salary within a range of 4 incremental points between £33,106 rising to a maximum of £36,019
- Business Improvement Manager
- Communications Manager
Grade 9 - 1 post, salary within a range of 4 incremental points between £28,203 rising to a maximum of £34,480
- Land Charges and Information Team Leader
Grade 8 - 1 post, salary within a range of 4 incremental points between £25,694 rising to a maximum of £28,203
- Research and Development Officer
The pay spine for JNC and NJC was last increased in April 2016 by 1% and is part of a two year agreement, which will see a 1% increase in April 2017. Prior to this the last increase in the national pay spine was January 2015.