Holiday time swimming timetable
What is Good Boost?
Good Boost is a water-based rehabilitation programme designed to be fun and beneficial for people with a range of health issues. Also known as aquatic therapy, water-based rehabilitation is highly regarded for a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
Research has shown that such aquatic rehabilitation programmes are beneficial for a range of conditions including back pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, hip and knee joint replacements, joint sprains, shoulder rehabilitation and general fitness.
Studies have demonstrated that aquatic rehabilitation and exercise has multiple benefits for users.
- Reduced stress and compression through back and joints
- Reduced joint swelling from hydrostatic (water) pressure
- Improved circulation from hydrostatic (water) pressure
- Reduction of pain and muscle spasm
- Improvement and maintenance of joint motion
- Strengthening of muscles
- Increased physical fitness and ability to exercise
- Ability to progress to land-based exercise
- Regaining of normal movement patterns
- Improved balance
- Improved mobility
- Improved flexibility
- Improved co-ordination
- Improve posture
- Improve self-confidence
How do I attend?
When are the sessions?
- Mondays at 9am
- Tuesdays at 12pm
- Wednesdays at 8am, 9am or 12pm
- Thursdays at 7.30pm
- Fridays at 8am or 9am
The sessions are 45 minutes long.