Blue badge holders may:-
- park without charge on any Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council car park, in any parking bay, for an unlimited time period
- park free of charge and without time limit at parking meters on street and "pay and display" on street parking unless local traffic orders prevent this within the Borough
- be exempt from limits on parking times imposed on others
- usually park on single or double yellow lines for up to three hours in England and Wales and without time limit in Scotland unless this is prevented by a ban or local scheme.
The badge itself is usually valid for three years.
How to apply
Blue Badges are issued by Staffordshire County Council. You will be able to apply for a Blue Badge using the following methods:-
Face to Face
If you need help to apply online, an ICT buddy is available. ICT buddies are volunteers so you will need to book a time when one will be at Newcastle Library, Castle House, Barracks Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 1BL
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm Saturday 9am to 4pm
To apply online visit the Staffordshire County Council website .
You can find out more about the Blue Badge Scheme or check the progress of your application by calling Staffordshire County Council on 0300 111 8000.
Please use the link below to Staffordshire County Council to check:
- your eligibility
- acceptable documents required to prove your identity and address
- where to post your documents and photograph to, if applying online
Last updated 9 January 2019