The Development Plan system was established in the 1991 Planning Act, Section 54A of which states that when considering planning applications "......determination shall be made in accordance with the plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise".
The Development Plan for the Borough currently consists of the Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stoke-on-Trent Core Spatial Strategy and saved Local Plan Policies. These can all be viewed by following the links below:
- Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stoke-on-Trent Core Spatial Strategy
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Local Plan 2011 'saved policies'
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Local Plan 2011 (Full Version - saved and unsaved policies)
- Appendices to the local plan
- Staffordshire County Council Minerals and Waste Development Framework
Please note that the West Midlands Regional Spatial Strategy and the Structure Plan have now been officially revoked and no longer form part of the current Development Plan
Local saved policies map
The Local Development Framework Proposals Map is avaiable in to parts:
Last updated 18 September 2018