Newcastle under Lyme welcomes responsible landlords
If you don’t live in the Borough, you might not be familiar with our services. This page will give you all the information you need to inform your tenants about how to use our waste and recycling services.
We recommend that you give new tenants the following information:
- Tenants must put their bins, boxes and caddy out at the edge of the property by 6am on their collection day.
- Find out when your collection day is - Collection Date Finder
- Download and print the collection calendar, and display it on a notice board in a communal area so that information can be easily seen by tenants.
- Collection frequency: What is collected and when. - Service Overview
- Containers must be off the pavement between collections, so tell them where they should be stored. As a landlord it is your responsibility to provide enough space on your property for the bins, bags and caddy to be stored by the tenants. Bins, bag and caddies must not be stored on the public highway.
- Label the waste and recycling containers at the property with the house number.
- In February 2019 the entire garden waste service became subscription-only: More information is available here.
- Direct your tenants to our website for information on the service.
Household Rubbish Week
You Are Responsible: As landlord it is your duty to provide the containers and information about the collection services at the property. Any accumulations of waste dealt with by our Environmental Health team are your responsibility as landowner. If your property is an HMO, providing information and containers is a license condition.
Student tenants Download and print the Good Neighbour Guide to leave in the property. This contains information about our waste services and more!
Join the Landlord Accreditation Scheme: North Staffordshire
This scheme is run as a partnership between Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council. It is a voluntary scheme with over 500 members who abide by a Code of Standards to deliver good quality private rented accommodation. Find out more here.
Follow us on Facebook
Last updated 22 June 2020