What's at the guildhall?
The Friends of the Guildhall staff the reception area between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Reception offers the following:
- signposting the general public to local voluntary, statutory and other services by providing information and computer access where required
- hosting promotional initiatives by the council and voluntary organisations
- providing information about societies and events on notice boards
- providing council food waste bags, bus timetables and Lions medical information cannisters
- providing some historical and tourist information. There is a small display and associated leaflets
- acting as a collection point for some charities
The first floor of the building is hired out by BID (Business Improvement District) as their office.
There are various meeting rooms available for hire throughout the building, including two offices that are available for hire as interview rooms.
Please see our information for further details and who to contact if you would like to hire a room.
Who owns the guildhall?
The Guildhall is still owned by us but is leased out to Support Staffordshire, the county voluntary organisation. Support Staffordshire is responsible for the internal upkeep and maintenance and for generating income through the hiring out of the premises.