Who owns the guildhall?
The Guildhall is still owned by the council but is leased out to Support Staffordshire, the county voluntary organisation. Support Staffordshire is responsible for the internal upkeep and maintenance and for generating income through the hiring out of the premises.
BID (Business Improvement District), hire the first floor of the building as their office and there is also a meeting room which can be hired out.
In addition to this, there are 4 offices on the ground floor which can be used as interview rooms and the reception area.
The Friends of the Guildhall are responsible for maintaining and hiring out the reception area.
What's at the guildhall?
The Friends of the Guildhall staff the reception area between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Reception offers the following:
- Signposting the general public to local voluntary, statutory and other services by providing information and computer access where required.
- Hosting promotional initiatives by the council and voluntary organisations.
- Providing information about societies and events on notice boards
- Providing council food waste bags, bus timetables and Lions medical information cannisters.
- Acting as a collection point for some charities.
- Providing some historical and tourist information. There is a small display and associated leaflets.
- Meeting rooms for hire
Want to volunteer?
Anyone interested in being a reception volunteer or ‘backroom’ volunteer should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 07888 373274. The phone line is open 10am to 4pm on weekdays.