Council Tax and 'Freeman of the Land'

Council Tax legislation

The legislation that covers Council Tax is freely available from the government website, including:

We have been asked whether Acts and Statutes are an obligation on residents, and about the difference between a Statute and Law and other similar questions regarding legal matters. Acts of Parliaments are Statutes which set out the law. If you have questions regarding other Acts of Parliament or laws, these should be directed to a legal professional, not the council.