Betley, Balterley and Wrinehill neighbourhood planning referendum 2021
A neighbourhood planning referendum will be taking place in Betley, Balterley and Wrinehill on 16 December 2021.
Our elections team are responsible for organising a referendum on any neighbourhood plan or order that meets the basic standards. This ensures that the community has the final say on whether a neighbourhood plan or order comes into force within the area.
People living in the neighbourhood who are registered to vote in local elections (commonwealth and european member state citizens) will be entitled to vote in the referendum, which would be conducted following similar procedures to those used at local government elections.
Further information on the neighbourhood plan can be found on the Betley, Balterley and Wrinehill neighbourhood plan page.
The following documents have been published:
- Information statement and specified documents
- Notice of referendum
Information for electors
The polling station used for the referendum will be Betley Village Hall, Main Road, Betley, CW3 9BH. The polling station will be open from 7am to 10pm on the day of the referendum.
Statutory cut-off dates for electoral registration, postal and proxy applications
- Electoral Registration - last day to be included on the Register of Electors - Tuesday 30 November 2021 (midnight)
- Postal Vote Application - last day to request a new postal vote application or to change or cancel an existing postal vote - 5pm on Wednesday 1 December 2021
- Proxy Vote Application - last day for new applications to vote by proxy - 5pm on Wednesday 8 December 2021
- Emergency Proxy Applications - last day for new proxy applications on the grounds of medical emergency or reason of employment - 5pm on Thursday 16 December 2021
If you are not currently registered on the electoral register, please register to vote.