Registration of food businesses and food safety advice

Who needs to register?

All food business operations have to register any premises they use for storing, selling, distributing or preparing food.

Food premises include:

  • restaurants

  • hotels

  • public houses

  • cafes

  • shops

  • supermarkets

  • staff canteens

  • kitchens in offices

  • warehouses

  • guest houses

  • delivery vehicles

  • buffet cars on trains

  • market and other stalls

  • hot dog vans

  • ice cream vans

Do I need to be registered?

The majority of food premises will have to be registered, although there are certain exemptions depending on the type of food activity and frequency of operations.

Please contact us if you are unsure whether your food business requires to be registered.