Temporary use notice (TUN)

These notices allow the use of a premises for gambling where there is no premises licence. The applicant must be a gambling operator and hold the correct licence with the Gambling Commission. 

How many can the premises have? 

There is no limit on the number of temporary use notices but there is a limit of 21 days in any 12 month period. 


To apply for a notice, please contact us:

How much does it cost? 

There is no fee for this notice.

When can I apply? 

Not less than 3 months and 1 day before the day on which the gambling event will begin. 

Who must I notify? 

  • Gambling Commission 
  • Police 
  • HM Revenue & Customs 

Within 7 days of the dates of the notice.