Job opportunity: casual porter/caretaker
Grade 3 - £10.79 per hour.
Flexible hours to suit the needs of the service and to cover staff holidays and absence.
About the job
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Porter/Caretaker who will provide an efficient and effective relief facilities management service at both Castle House and Kidsgrove Town Hall.
In this role, you will be assisting with the setting out of meeting rooms as per meetings requests i.e. laying out required furniture, cleaning duties and waste disposal, servicing toilets and replenishing supplies, collecting, sorting and distributing mail, parcels and goods, and servicing the main Castle House reception desk when cover is required.
You will also be required to assist with the provision of security arrangements as and when required.
A uniform and protective clothing will be provided.
- Previous experience of working in a caretaking, portering or a similar role is required.
- A can do attitude with an enthusiastic approach to tasks.
- Flexibilty around hours and working times to meet the needs of the service.
- Friendly and approachable with excellent customer service skills.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills to enable you to deal with requests for information and order stocks and supplies as necessary - no formal qualifications are required.
Why work for us?
Our vision is to provide good local services, a prosperous borough, and safe and welcoming places for all.
- We are committed to being a fair and inclusive place to work where everyone can achieve their potential.
- We are focussed on the wellbeing of our people.
- Together we can help to make a difference to our community - we offer 'jobs with purpose'.
Do your values align with ours? Read further information on our values, culture and behaviours.
If you'd like to learn more about this role, please contact Gordon Tebay, Facilities Manager on 01782 742368 for an informal chat.
5pm on Thursday 4 May 2023.
(Should we receive a large number of applications, then this post could close sooner than the date stated).
Supporting documents and information
Download the job description and person specification
Newcastle Borough Council is committed to making our recruitment process as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the interview or assessment process please contact (email@example.com)
Please save your online application regularly to avoid losing the content you have entered.