Job opportunity: Casual Lifeguards
Grade 4 - £12.18 to £12.38 per hour.
As and when required (evenings, weekends, summer holiday programme, staff absence and holidays).
About the job
You will be providing supervision and a ‘can do’ attitude in our swimming pools and activity areas. You will also need to ensure that facility presentation is a key priority. As an important team member, you will be familiar with the facility programmes and ensure that activity areas and changeovers are achieved in a professional and timely manner. You must be familiar with and adhere to, the Council’s Health and Safety Policy, helping us to deliver safe, enjoyable activities at all times.
You should have experience of a customer facing environment within the leisure industry and you must possess a valid RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and, as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of criminal records via the Disclosure & Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions.
Why work for us?
Newcastle-under-Lyme is a borough with big ambitions. We’ve already started our transformation, however, we still need to find better ways of doing things because we are determined to do the very best we can for our communities.
If our vision is to be the best, then we need the best people working for us. Our people are at the heart of what we do and have the freedom to innovate, grow and develop. We recruit people who share our vision and values; people who have the drive to deliver our ambitious Council plan.
Our historic Borough is a place of marked contrasts. We are the home of a world class University at Keele, a leading light known internationally for its research and sustainability record, which stands side by side with former mining communities including some which register amongst the most deprived areas in the country. Our Borough is also a mixture of urban centres, affected by some of the same social issues facing our neighbouring city, Stoke-on-Trent, but also outstanding rural landscapes in our less populated villages. Our plans and priorities aim to address the needs of all our communities.
5pm on Monday 4 December 2023.
Should we receive a large number of applications, then this post could close sooner than the date stated.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date.
Download the job description and person specification.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the interview or assessment process please contact our People team (email@example.com)
Need help completing the online application form?
Our website is designed to keep your data safe and each page is set to auto timeout after 15 minutes. Please bear this in mind when completing your online application form and follow the steps below before starting your application;
- Make a note of the vacancy reference.
- Read through the job description and person specification.
- Review our values and behaviours.
- Ensure that you have relevant job application information to hand i.e. employment details, qualifications and training, professional memberships (if applicable) and the details of two referees.
- The supporting information section of the application is your opportunity to share with us your key achievements and highlight any relevant experience. We’d like you to tell us; who you are, your values and strengths, why you feel you are suitable for the role and finally, your career goals.
- We’d suggest typing your supporting information firstly to a Word document and then copy and paste to the supporting information section of the online application. This way you won’t lose valuable information if the page times out.
Contact our People team if you have any questions regarding the online application form or require further support (firstname.lastname@example.org)