Building regulations are national standards that apply to all types of buildings - from major new developments to an extension or alteration to your home. They deal with the structural details of the building works to ensure the health and safety of people in and around the building.
The North Staffordshire Building Control Partnership is responsible for making sure developments and buildings in the region meet the national standards and are safe.
Looking at your property with the onset of the winter months
- keep inside as much as possible during periods of high winds
- check the condition of your roof tiles/slates
- check the condition of your chimney stack
- check the condition of your guttering
- clear out the guttering
- check the condition of your boundary walls and fences
- insulate any external taps (you can cover them with old socks!)
- ask your builder to carry out repairs