Disclosure and barring service (DBS)
When applying for a dual driver licence, if you do not already have an 'Other Workforce Taxi Driver DBS certificate' registered on the DBS Update Service, you will be asked to provide a code to show your disclosure and barring service application is in process.
If you do require a new certificate, please access the portal provided by Stoke-on-Trent City Council and complete the following process:
- To start the process you will be required to complete the 'organisation reference' which is UBNULBCLICENSING, then leave the 'organisation code' blank.
- There are guidance notes on each page explaining what each section means and what will happen if you do not complete the form correctly.
- If any information is incomplete you will not be able to continue until you have completed all the required boxes.
- In 'employment information' please complete the position applied for as 'taxi driver'.
- Please carefully check the information that you have completed and edit if required.
- Once completed you will be given a reference number. Please note this carefully as you will be asked to provide it as part of your application.
- The process of applying for the DBS is not completed until you provide three identity documents to the licensing team and pay the fee.
There is a £60.34 fee.
You can make this payment with our customer services team.
Please remember that when the application is sent off it can take up to 8 weeks to return to you. You will need to provide a copy to the licensing team.