Private hire operator licence
Apply for or renew a licence
To apply for an operator licence, you will need to be able to provide the following information as part of an application:
- a basic disclosure certificate issued within the last 12 months or a DBS certificate registered on the update service for all directors, partners and company secretaries
- a valid disability, equality and safeguarding training certificate issued within the last 3 months for each director, company secretary and employees that are not licensed drivers
- proof of right to work document or share code for all individuals or partners. If you are applying as a limited company then the check is made on the company through Companies House
- any fleet insurance held must be provided with an accompanying schedule of the vehicles and named drivers disclosed to the insurance company
- any premises that provide access to members of the public must provide an insurance certificate for public liability to a minimum value of £5million
- a list of current vehicles detailing the registration, make and model - this can be entered onto the application or uploaded as a document to the application
- a list of current drivers detailing their full name, badge number and date of birth - this can be entered onto the application or uploaded as a document to the application
- tax check code for each individual or partner applying or for the registered business if applying as a company.
Please make sure that you have all of the information available before continuing to prevent the system from timing out. If you do want to be able to save and return to the form then you can sign up for a My Account.