Private hire operator licence
Apply for or renew a licence
To apply for a licence, you will need to book an appointment with our team and be able to provide the following:
- A completed private hire operator application form.
- A basic disclosure certificate issued within the last 12 months or a DBS certificate registered on the update service for all directors, partners and company secretaries.
- A valid safeguarding training certificate for each director, company secretary and employees that are not licensed drivers.
- Any fleet insurance held must be provided with an accompanying schedule of the vehicles and named drivers disclosed to the insurance company.
- Any premises that provide access to members of the public must provide an insurance certificate for public liability to a minimum value of £5million.
- A list of current vehicles detailing the registration, make and model.
- A list of current drivers detailing their full name, badge number and date of birth.
To book an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.