What goes in each container?
Household rubbish bin
Please use the bin for any of the following:
- things we can't recycle
- laminated foil pet food pouches
- bagged used kitchen roll and tissues
- bagged nappies
- bagged sanitary items
- bagged pet bedding
- bagged dust or ash
Please don't put any of these in the bin:
- paint or varnish tins
- DIY waste
- soil or turf
- rubble or tarmac
Please note the following:
- our standard rubbish bin holds 180 litres
- the bin is the property of the council
- you need to keep the bin inside the boundary of your property between collections
- we charge for delivery of replacement bins
Too much rubbish for the bin?
You are responsible for getting rid of rubbish that doesn’t fit in your bin. Staffordshire County Council run the Household Waste Recycling Centre (the 'tip') at Leycett where extra rubbish can be taken.