Complain (apply for a review) of a licensed premises/club

If you live or run a business near a licensed premises or a premises which holds a club premises certificate, and have concerns about the way the premises or club is run, you can make a complaint in the first instance or if the problem is ongoing and complaints have not resolved the issue you can ask for its licence to be reviewed. Or someone can do this on your behalf. This is free. 

The reason for asking for a licence to be reviewed must be:

  • because of concerns about the prevention of crime or disorder
  • because there are worries about public safety
  • because the premises is causing a nuisance to the public
  • because there could be a risk to children.