The Council aims to put the customer at the heart of everything it does by providing consistent, high quality services that meet customers’ needs and by offering choice in how those services can be accessed.
Therefore the Council has in place a number of policies that support this aim, these include the Customer Service and Access Strategy, Complaints, Comments and Compliments Policies and our Customer Promise.
Our Customer Promise
You have the right to expect good quality, easily accessible Council services and
Our Customer Service Standards apply to everyone working for us.
We aim to:
- make it easy for you to access our building and find what you need
- welcome and greet you within 5 minutes of arriving at a customer service centre
- ensure that you do not have to wait for more than 20 minutes in normal circumstances to be seen by an officer before your enquiry can be handled
- answer all calls received within 30 seconds
- respond to voicemails and messages within 1 working day
- acknowledge written enquires (by post) within 5 working days
- acknowledge emails within 2 working days
- respond to enquiries within 10 working days
You can expect:
- all of our staff to be fully trained, customer service professionals
- our help with any council enquiry, complaint or suggestion
- to be given a warm welcome in a clean environment
- to be provided with up to date information about your enquiry or complaint whenever you ask us
- us to be sensitive to your needs and do our best to ensure that you can make best use of our services
You can help us by:
- giving us all the information we need to help you
- letting us know if you have any special needs
- telling us how we can improve our services
- asking us to explain anything you're not sure of
The Council strives for continual improvement. Our Customer Relations Officer
welcomes any feedback or comments on the service you received today.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By web: www.newcastle-staffs.gov.uk/customerservices
By telephone: 01782 742480
Last updated 11 September 2015