Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough has a varied history and character which has contributed to the landscape we see today. It has a wealth of historic buildings, towns and villages set within an attractive environment.
Use this page to find out more about:-
- Historic buildings and what it means to own a Listed Building (PDF 825Kb)
- Register of Locally Important Buildings and Structures
- Historic Churches in North Staffs project
- Statements of Significance or Heritage Asset Statements (PDF 68Kb)
- Conservation areas, including how areas are chosen and what it means to live in a conservation area
- Design Matters and the Civic Awards Scheme
- Historic Building Grants
- Historic parks and gardens, including the Register of Historic Parks and Gardens
- Shopfront Design Guidance adopted by the Council as a Planning Practice Guidance Note
- Draft Keele Conservation Area Review and Management Plan SPD - consultation until 2nd March 2018
- Article 4 Directions for Brampton and Watlands Park Conservation Areas - now confirmed
- Article 4 Directions now confirmed for the Brampton and Watlands Park Conservation Areas - in force from 29 June 2017.
- Brampton Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan SPD. and Watlands Park Conservation Area Supplementary Planning Document now adopted.
- Article 4 Direction for Stubbs Walk Conservation Area is confirmed.
Last updated 25 January 2018