On 2 July, 2015 Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston and Whitmore Parish Councils jointly applied to the Council to designate all three parishes as a single neighbourhood area. The proposed neighbourhood area was approved by the Council on 16 September 2015. A map showing the extent of the designated neighbourhood area and covering letters from the three parish councils which explain why the designated area is considered to be appropriate are available to view via the links below.
- Map showing the extent of the Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston and Whitmore neighbourhood area
- Letters from the three Parish Councils setting out the reasons why the designated area is considered to be appropriate.
The Council also prepared a public notice to publicise this area application: Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston and Whitmore Neighbourhood Area Application - Public Notice.
The Parish Councils have produced a website for the production of the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
REGULATION 14: Pre-Submission Consultation
The Parish Council undertook a six-week consultation on the Regulation 14: Pre Submission Draft Plan, from 19 June to 31 July 2018. The Draft Neighbourhood Plan can be viewed following the link below:
Due to changes in the content and layout of the Draft 1.0 version of the Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston Neighbourhood Plan, the Parish Council had considered it appropriate to repeat the Regulation 14 process. The consultation took place between 19 September and 31 October for six weeks. The amended, and now Draft 1.1 Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston and Whitmore Draft Neighbourhood Plan can be viewed following the link below:
REGULATION 16: Publishing a plan proposal, 23 April - 4 June. (NOW CLOSED)
Whitmore Parish Council has submitted a Neighbourhood Plan Proposal to Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council. In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council is publicising the proposed Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston, and Whitmore Neighbourhood Plan for a period of six weeks from 23 April to 4 June in order to receive representations on the submitted plan.
The notice of submission include details of where and when representations on the plan can be made:
- Notice of Submitted Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston, and Whitmore Neighbourhood Development Plan
Submission of the Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston, and Whitmore Neighbourhood Development Plan subjected to publicity under Regulation 16 can be viewed below:
- Draft Neighbourhood Plan, Vol 1 Strategic context, Local Green Space designations and Policies
- Draft Neighbourhood Plan, Vol. II Maps and supporting evidence
The following documents have also been submitted to Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council:
- Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston, and Whitmore Neighbourhood Area Map
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
Appendices to Consultation Statement:
- Appendix 1: List of Consultation Bodies
- Appendix 2a: Policies Booklet
- Appendix 2b: Pre-submission Response Form July 2018
- Appendix 3a: Regulation 14 Consultation Responses - 1st round
- Appendix 3b: NULBC Regulation 14 Consultation Response - 1st round
- Appendix 4: Residents Responses - 1st round
- Appendix 5 - Regulation 14 Consultation Flier (PDF 209KB)
- Appendix 6a - Regulation 14 Consultation Responses - 2nd round
- Appendix 6b - NULBC Regulation 14 Consultation Response - 2nd round (PDF 286KB)
- Appendix 7: Residents Responses - 2nd round
- Appendix 8: Local Green Space Audit Consultation Responses
Representations on the Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston, and Whitmore Neighbourhood Development Plan should be made directly to Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council before 5pm on 4 June. Representations can be made online by completing the electronic feedback form.
Representations can also be made by completing the print friendly version of the feedback form and sending this by e-mail to Neighbourhood Planning, or by post to Planning Policy, Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council, Castle House, Barracks Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1BL. Please see below:
A hard copy of the draft Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston, and Whitmore Neighbourhood Development Plan can also be viewed in Newcastle Library, Castle House, Barracks Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1BL.
Any representations made may include a request to be notified of Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council's decision on the proposed plan.
Representations were received from the following organisations:
For further information please contact the Planning Policy Team on 01782 717717 or via e-mail.
REGULATION 17: Examination
On 29 June 2019 Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council, with the agreement of the Qualifying Body, appointed Christopher Collison BA (Hons) MBA MRTPI MIED MCMI IHBC to undertake the examination of the Chapel and Hill Chorlton, Maer and Aston and Whitmore Neighbourhood Plan.
The Examiner’s initial letter dated 2 July 2019 sets out he intends to conduct the examination and that it will formally start on Monday 15 July 2019. In his initial letter the Examiner provided the Qualifying Body with the opportunity of commenting on the representations received at the Regulation 16 stage. A copy of the response from the Qualifying Body can be found here.
The Examiner wrote to the Borough Council and the Qualifying Body on 15 July 2019 requesting clarifications on a number of matters. A copy of the response to the clarifications was submitted on the 29 July 2019.
The Examiner's letter dated 17 July 2019 to the Borough Council and Qualifying Body inviting participation in fact checking.
REGULATION 18: Publication of Examiners Report
(Stage not reached)
(Stage not reached)
Last updated 15 August 2019