Home > All Services > Recycling and Waste > Assisted Collections

Assisted Collections

Assisted collections heading

We offer an assisted collection service to residents who are unable to move their containers to the kerbside or their collection point, and who do not have an able-bodied person over 16 years old living in the same household to help them do this. Using this service, containers will be collected from a mutually-agreed location, emptied and then returned to the same location.  We always try to collect from the front of your house if possible, but may be able to collect from another location if it is convenient for you and us. You can apply on behalf of someone else, such as a friend, relative or client, but we will need to take your details as a point of contact. If you live in a flat, we can only provide an assisted collection for properties on the ground floor. If you have steps, or your property is accessed over unadopted land or a private drive, we may need to change how we collect your rubbish, and may not offer the recycling, food waste or garden waste services.

Application process

Please follow this link to complete the online form, call the Contact Centre on 01782 717717 or visit Castle House (Newcastle town centre) or Kidsgrove Town Hall to apply in person.

Please note, your new assisted collection will have to be approved by a member of our team before it starts, and this could take up to 10 working days and so be after your next collection. If you have given us your e-mail address, we will e-mail you to say the service has been approved. If not, please continue to put your bins kerbside for the next two collections and the service will start the week after.


Last updated 14 November 2018

Rate this page

We value your feedback. How do you rate the information on this page?

Good OK Poor

Back to the top of the page