Housing Benefit appeals
Making an appeal
Any appeal must be made in writing, and be received by the Housing Benefit department, within one month of the date on the decision letter.
You can either:
- email: email@example.com, or
- send a letter to: Housing Benefit, Castle House, Barracks Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1BL
Your appeal must include:
- your name and address
- the date of the decision you are appealing against
- full reasons why you disagree with the decision
- be signed by you or your representative if you have one. You must also provide written permission for any representative to act on your behalf
If you'd like independent help with your appeal you can contact the Citizens Advice, Staffordshire North and Stoke on Trent.
You can call them on: 0808 278 78 76