Specialist business support
Business crime and other threats
Is your business prepared?
Despite the current success of your business, disasters can happen at any time to any organisation big or small. Would your business survive?
Being more prepared can give a competitive advantage to your business. A wide range of useful advice is available from Staffordshire Prepared.
Quick and easy preparation
- Consider potential disruptions to your organisation using this short Dummies Guide to Business Continuity
- Ensure you prepared for cyber threats
- Make sure you have suitable business insurance, the Association of British Insurers provides useful advice and information.
More advanced preparations
- Complete a free Business Resilience Health Check to receive a report outlining the actions that you should address to give you a good starting poing to develop a practical and coherent business continuity plan (This can take up to 1.5 hours to complete).
- Write a Business Continuity Plan to reduce the impacts from potential emergencies and ensure all staff are aware of this plan and know their responsibilities in an emergency.
- Check how prepared your business is using the government’s Business Continuity Management Toolkit.
- Consider communicating with local businesses about your plans and how you could support each other.
- Flooding is one of the most common and costly natural disasters, be sure to download and read the guidance for preparing your business for flooding.