Domestic abuse support
Where to get help?
If you are at risk of immediate harm, please call 999.
In a non-urgent situation, you can call the police on 101.
Confidential free advice
New Era provides free and confidential round-the-clock advice and support for anyone in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent affected by domestic abuse - regardless of their age, ethnicity, gender or location.
The 24-hour confidential helpline for victims is: 0300 303 3778 and there is a live chat facility via the website.
The confidential helpline for perpetrators is: 01785 601690.
- Childline: 0800 11 11
- ESCIS (LGBT): 0800 999 5428 (freephone)
- SAVANA (sexual violence and rape support service): 01782 433205
- Male victims: 01782 683702 (9am-5pm) or helpline Tuesday 4.30pm-6.30pm
- Newcastle Housing Advice: 0345 850 9698
- 'Honour' based abuse and forced marriage Karma Nirvana: 0800 5999 247
- Hideout (a website for children and young people)
Safe places to stay
- Elizabeth House, Newcastle: 01782 713737
- Potteries Women’s Refuge: 01782 822885
- Refuge (specifically for Asian women): 01332 200027