Newcastle in Bloom
About Newcastle in Bloom
We are proud to have gained a Gold in the Heart of England in Bloom's small city category for 18 years consecutively. We were crowned the overall winner in the regional competition in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
In 2019, Newcastle was also entered into the Britain in Bloom ‘Champion of Champions’. We were awarded a Gold award!
The Newcastle in Bloom campaign is a borough-wide partnership which includes:
- community groups
- a wide range of volunteers
Our aim is to get more people involved to help improve their local area.
The Britain in Bloom competition goes far beyond being a floral competition. It helps to promote the local economy and increase civic pride.
Other benefits include:
- long-term improvements to the environment
- regeneration of disadvantaged or untidy areas
- improving links between community groups
- addressing issues such as sustainability, recycling and energy conservation
The Britain in Bloom initiatives make a significant contribution towards our priorities including:
- community involvement
- promoting a competitive and sustainable economy
The displays in Newcastle-under-Lyme make the area a better place to live, work and visit.