Keeping rented homes safe

Keeping rented homes safe

If you rent your home it should be warm, safe and in good repair. More information can be read in the checklist published by GOV.UK. 

Reporting concerns

If you have concerns about your home you should contact your landlord first. You can use our template letter if you wish. Include all items of concern in the letter, keep a copy and note the date you sent it.  

If the concerns remain outstanding you can contact us through our general enquiry form online. A housing officer will contact you and may offer an inspection to assess for hazards to health. 

If you are a housing association tenant, contact then about any disrepair. They should have a published policy on dealing with complaints.