Local housing allowance (LHA)

This is the way we work out claims for housing benefit for tenants renting accommodation from a private landlord.

Usually you will have your local housing allowance paid directly to you and it is up to you to pay the rent to your landlord. If you are worried about managing your money, ask us if we can help. In special cases we may be able to pay your rent to your landlord.

Please complete the application form and upload it to us:

Complete the application form

Upload the application form

If you live in rented accommodation provided by social housing, for example Aspire Housing or Beth Johnson Housing Association, local housing allowance will not affect you.

Further information

There is a lot of information about housing benefit on the Gov.UK web site.

Contact us about housing benefit

If you have an enquiry about housing benefit, you can send a message to the team using our online form.

Send a message