We have a number of volunteer roles, for example:
- cataloguing, researching, labelling, sorting collections, photographing collections
- cleaning the collections and collection display areas
- front of house work including serving refreshments at events and talks
- hanging temporary exhibitions
- welcoming people to our heritage themed events and activities
Volunteering can be valuable for people looking for experience to further a career in museum, the arts and tourism - it’s how many of the current museum staff started out!
Our volunteers are flexible in the hours they work, from half a day to two days a week according to the time they can spare or the task they are working on.
Since our redevelopment we have had a huge surge in volunteer interest and some of our most popular roles currently have a waiting list.