Brampton Museum is back, bigger and better than ever thanks to an £850,000 re-development. A huge thank you to National Lottery players, Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council and others who raised the money.
- A new events space bursting with activities
- The Little Vintage Tea Room with outdoor decking area
- Expanded art and craft shop
- Beautiful rooms to hire
- New ground floor displays including the recreation of Mrs Mosley's parlour with talking portrait
What's still to come?
- A research room perfect for browsing old photographs, documents and discovering your family roots
- A celebration of Newcastle's 850th anniversary in 2023 - share your ideas of what you would like to see happening at the museum
Old favourites here to stay
- The popular gallery of childhood and Victorian Street scene can be visited on the museum's first floor
- Brampton park contains an aviary, sandpit, play area, ride-on model railway, wildlife area, picnic area and sensory garden
Helping the environment
- Our new exhibition space, education room, event space and meeting rooms are powered by solar panels and an environmentally friendly air source heat pump
- Our cafe uses locally sourced food and it is always served with crockery and glasses, not single use plastic
- Any food waste is recycled- with even our leftover salad feeding the birds in the aviary!