Notification of the accident should be given in writing to the Licensing Department within 72 hours of the accident occurring. Upon receipt of this notification the Council will request that both the front and rear licence plates are returned until such time as the vehicle has been presented for, and passes, an accident spot check at the Council Depot garage. To book an accident spot check you will need to call Customer Services in 01782 717717.
Before you start this form please ensure that you have the following information to hand:
- Details of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident (if not you);
- Details of the vehicle (registration and plate/licence number);
- Details of the accident (date, time, location, weather conditions, circumstances, whether it was reported to the Police and if so the incident number);
- Details of vehicle damage (was it recovered or was it driveable, where it is being stored, the mileage at the time, parts that were damaged, any photos taken);
- Details of any injuries (for driver and passengers, was any medical advice sought);
- Details of any other vehicle/s involved;
- Whether a replacement vehicle has been sought (who has provided it and the vehicle details);
Your information will be processed electronically by Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council.
We will not disclose your information to another organisation unless it is to help prevent fraud, is necessary by law, or is required to provide the service. Your information will not be sold to anyone and we will only keep your information as long as necessary.
Further information about how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights can be found on our privacy notices web page.
Where necessary for the Council's Regulatory, Public Health and Community Safety functions, for example, Building Control, Environmental Health, Licensing, Planning, Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime Prevention and Reduction, Safeguarding; information obtained about you and persons connected with you may be held and processed by the council. This may also be shared with others under information sharing protocols or where required or allowed by law. Such information will only be held by the council for as long as necessary and in line with our published Retention Policy.