Pre-application advice service
For anything but the simplest of projects we recommend that you speak to us before submitting a planning application.
You may need to make a planning application if you want to:
- build something new
- make a change to your building such as an extension or a change to its appearance
- change the use of all or part of your building.
We can provide you with professional advice to discuss if your proposed changes do or don't require planning permission. This a called our pre-application service.
Our pre-application service offers you a range of benefits, including:
- Saving you time and money by identifying proposals not requiring permission, or those with little chance of being approved.
- Outlining how our policies will be applied to your proposal.
- Providing information to support your application, if one is needed, to allow us to process it faster and give you a decision sooner.