Call for sites
To make sure we take into account all potential development land we invite submissions from land owners for a wide range of potential sites and uses across both areas. These include:
- open space
- community facilities
- sites for gypsy and travellers
Potential housing sites need to be capable of delivering five or more dwellings and potential commercial sites must be a minimum of 0.25 ha (0.62 acres).
Please note: as a guide, one hectare is roughly the size of a football pitch.
The following points are important for all site submissions:
- we will apply a consistent approach to site assessment in line with the Strategic housing land availability assessment (SHLAA) methodology
- information should be submitted which is relevant to our undertaking of a SHLAA site assessment
- information which relates to issues over and above the SHLAA methodology assessment is not required at this stage
- there will be further opportunities to submit further, more detailed, site information as the Local Plan progresses, and particularly if a site is subsequently proposed to be taken forward. There is, however, no guarantee of this at this stage
- we do not want to encourage any extra work or expense now which is over and above the SHLAA site assessment criteria. However, if you want to submit extra information it would be at the discretion of the landowner