Electoral services temporary staffing privacy notice
What information do we ask for, and why?
We are collecting this data in order to staff events such as elections and the annual canvass.
Paid employment for this work means that we need to meet legal obligations such as right to work, taxation and PAYE.
All the information you provide will only be used for the purpose of processing your application or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We do not collect more information then we need to fulfil our stated purpose.
The information we ask you to supply includes:
- basic details about you, for example, name, address, date of birth and nationality
- unique identifiers such as your NI number for payments
- photographs for the use of ID badges
- contact details that you have provided to us
- data to enable the payment of salaries
- scanned application forms and dates of any letters of correspondence
- notes about any relevant circumstances that you have told us
- details and records about your past and current employment with Electoral Services for future consideration in other job roles
- right to work and employment details to check your legality to work in the UK
- training requests and attendance, to meet performance standards and pay fees
Special category personal information
The Returning Officer processes the following special category personal information:
- race and ethnic origin, insofar as it may be possible for this to be inferred from nationality information
All data will be processed in accordance with our main privacy notice.