Private hire vehicle licence
Apply for a licence
Before you apply for a licence, please download and read our vehicle specifications to check if your vehicle is eligible.
What you will need
- a basic disclosure certificate issued within the last 12 months or a DBS certificate registered on the update service
- a valid MOT certificate
- a valid public hire insurance certificate (This must detail all drivers of the vehicle. Only drivers who hold a dual driver licence with us will be eligible to drive the vehicle)
- a V5 log book or if the vehicle is new to you a V5 slip with proof of purchase (you will be required to provide us with the log book within seven days of you receiving it)
- any vehicle which has undergone a conversion to be wheelchair accessible or converted to allow additional seating must have an appropriate certificate to prove that the conversion has been carried out to the required standard (European-wide type approval or equivalent)
- a valid garage test pass certificate from our garage which is less than 8 weeks before the expiry date
The conditions of the licence are available to download.