Answers to common questions about Walleys Quarry
What measures are in place to control the odour?
Measures to minimise odour include:
- Keeping the active tipping area as small as possible.
- Covering waste as soon as possible (daily cover).
- Installing temporary and permanent capping over the waste to prevent the release of odours.
- Ensuring the phasing and capping plans are in place and are implemented.
- Ensuring the landfill gas management plan is operating effectively to capture and destroy the landfill gas.
- Ensuring the leachate management plan is operating effectively.
- Ensuring the waste acceptance procedures are being followed and the controls are implemented.