To avoid missed collections make sure your bin, bag or caddy is at the kerbside by 6.00 a.m.
Breakdowns, bad weather, roadworks and crew changes can affect the routes of our vehicles. We make over 500,000 collections each month with a 99% success rate. We have cameras on the vehicles to check missed bin reports.
Please ask yourself the following:
- was your bin, bag or caddy out at 6:00 a.m.?
- did you put the right bin, bag or caddy out on the correct day? You can check using the bin collection date finder
- was your collection rescheduled because of bank holidays such as Christmas or New Year?
- did your bin, bag or caddy contain the right things?
- if your garden waste bin wasn’t emptied, do you have a valid subscription?
- did delivery vehicles or parked cars block access?
- was the bin too heavy?
- was your bin clearly visible from the road?
If we were unable to make a collection we will already know, and will have a plan to return.
In the week after Christmas Day 2022 and after New Year’s Day 2023, collections of recycling, food waste and rubbish will happen one day later than usual, and there’ll be no collection of garden waste.